Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm (CST)
Class Description: Setting large fireable stones in metal clay can be a challenge, especially square stones. In this class you will learn how to set stones neatly and securely, and discover how to add tiny decorative touches that also serve a purpose. An elegant bail rounds out this beautiful pendant, which we will then torch fire. (Kiln firing is of course also possible.)
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): 10 grams Art Clay Silver, 1 fireable stone, 10 x 10 mm. Instructor will contact you regarding color choice. Kits will be shipped by The Urban Beader. **Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven. A hair dryer may also be helpful.
- Brass or steel brush
- Small piece of glass or plexiglass
- Heat-proof small container to hold tiny components while drying.
- Fine tweezers
- Small piece of glass/plexiglass or acrylic
- Small piece of a drinking straw
- Optional: Tiny molds as desired, small circle cutters and tubes of various sizes, tiny cutters such as hearts and squares.
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.