Date: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm (CST)
Class Description: In this class you will learn how to make an elaborate setting for a beautiful ring. You will learn to make two styles of ring shank, and see how to use molds or decorative elements to make the ring unique.The stone ( 2cm x 1 cm) is a real eye-catcher, and the finished ring will truly be a statement piece.
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Intermediate
Materials Kit (included in price): 20 grams Art Clay Silver, one fine silver syringe, 5 g., syringe tip, large stone (Instructor will contact students for their color choice), strip of teflex, sanding sponge. Kits will be shipped by The Urban Beader. **Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass or steel brush
- Small piece of glass/plexiglass or acrylic. (”snake roller”)
- Small piece of a drinking straw
- Ring mandrel
- Ring sizer gauge
- Rubber-tipped clay shaper
- Small amount of paste (syringe will work too)
- Small molds such as nail art molds, or shot plates
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.