Date: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm (CST)
Class Description: Do you like the look of mixed metals? Looking for ways to use less silver to keep cost down? In this workshop we will create two pairs of earrings while learning and exploring metal clay and fabrication techniques. This is a great class if you are new to jewelry making or for those experienced that want to start incorporating metal clay into their work.
- Metal clay skills
- Firing metal clay with a torch (no kiln required).
- Metal fabrication skills
- Soldering onto metal clay
Instructor: Stephanie Chavez
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): PMC Flex, SS tock, SS ear post and nuts, copper and brass Stock. **Domestic US shipping.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- Roller, non stick work surface, needle tool or awl, Playing cards or depth measuring slats, glazed ceramic tile, xacto knife, water mister, release agent (cool slip, olive oil), drying plate, tweezers, sanding papers.
- Texture for metal clay
- Small Silicone molds
- Annealing Pan with pumice stone
- Flush cutters
- Jewelry Pliers - Chain nose pliers, Round nose pliers, Flat nose pliers
- Large or stepped bail making pliers
- Rawhide or nylon mallet
- Bench block
- Metal files
- Metal shears
- Small metal L-square ruler (Optional)
- Solder Set-up, including hard, medium and easy solder
- Solder pick
- Sandpaper 400grit
- Liver of sulfur or BlackMax (optional)
- Polishing and finishing tools (patina, steel wool, Brass Brush or flex shaft/rotary tools)
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.