Date: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Time: 9am - 4pm (CST) 1 hour break
Class Description: Discover how to successfully fuse on top of your wire weave without melting through the weave. Students need to come to class already knowing the weave so we can focus on the fusing techniques.
Instructor: Sarah Thompson
Skill Level: Intermediate
Pre-requisite: Must be familiar with the Modified Soumak weave.
Materials Kit (included in price): Silver stock, bobbins. Domestic US shipping.**
- Wire cutters (preferrably flush)
- Round-nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Flat-nose nylon jaw pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Permanent marker
- Ring Mandrel (preferably metal)
- Torch set-up (Butane torch, cross-lock tweezers, quenching bowl, solder pick, hard charcoal block, heat shield(table cover))
- small hand file
- Liver of sulfur
- Steel wool #0000
- Brass Brush or toothbrush
- Beading awl
- Optional: magnifiers as needed
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.