Date: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm (CST)
Class Description: In this class, the student will learn my method of cutting and polishing boulder opals. I'll show you how to make easy work of a difficult task.
Instructor: Jeff Hunter
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): 2 dop sticks, 2 bolder opal cut offs. Domestic US shipping.**
- 6 wheel polishing and grinding machine
- Slant lap or flat lap or the equivalent with variable speed
- 8,000 grit diamond powder (Required)
- 50,000 grit diamond powder (required)
- 100,000 grit diamond powder (optional)
- Spray bottle, dry and clean
- Lighter fluid (yes lighter fluid!)
- 6 inch soft leather disc with adhesive backing
- Backer plate (for leather disc)
- Sharpie, fine tip
- Super glue gel
- NCF Quick accelerant
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.