Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm (CST)
Class Description: Take your fabrication skills to the next level by integrating texture, design and dimension. Learn the basic skills of metal clay and how to incorporate it into your ‘toolbox’ of techniques. You will not need a kiln for this project. Previous solder skills are highly recommended. No metal clay experience is necessary,
Instructor: Stephanie Chavez
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): PMC FLEX, SS Stock, FS Bezel, Cabochon, Argentium Earwires. (Cabochon color will be selected randomly). **Domestic US shipping.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- Roller, non stick work surface, needle tool or awl, Playing cards or depth measuring slats, glazed ceramic tile, xacto knife, water mister, release agent (cool slip, olive oil), drying plate, tweezers, sanding papers.
- Texture for metal clay
- Round needle file
- Circle cutters (brass tubes, straws or template)
- Flush cutters
- Jewelry Pliers - Chain nose pliers, Round nose pliers, Flat nose pliers
- Rawhide or nylon mallet
- Bench block
- Metal files
- Solder Set-up, including hard, medium and easy solder
- Solder pick
- HoneyComb Solder board with pins
- Small metal square ruler
- Sandpaper 400grit
- Liver of sulfur or BlackMax (optional)
- Bezel pusher or bezel roller
- Polishing and finishing tools (patina, steel wool, Brass Brush or flex shaft/rotary tools)
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.