Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Time: 9am - 4pm (CST), 1 hour break
Class Description: In this class you will discover how to make a small bottle with a screw-top closure, all out of fine silver clay. Your vessel will be of your own design, and can incorporate a fireable cabochon if desired. The kit contents will make a small vessel (approx 1 inch in diameter): students wishing to make a larger vessel will want to have some extra clay at hand.
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Advance
Pre-requisite: Students should have experience working with metal clay.
Materials Kit (included in price): 30 grams Art Clay Silver. Bag of re-usable hardware to make vessels of two sizes, two re-usable doming forms, one fireable cabochon, oval, 7 x 5 mm (random colors) Kits will be shipped by The Urban Beader. **Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass or steel brush
- Small piece of glass/plexiglass or acrylic. (”snake roller”)
- Small piece of a drinking straw
- Circle template with various size openings
- Favorite textures and molds for small components.
- Jeweler's saw and 2/o saw blades
- Liver of sulfur patina, if desired.
- Rubber-tipped clay shaper
- If making larger vessel (approx 1.5 inches diameter) students will need two old standard lightbulbs, or other doming forms.
- Art Clay Silver syringe, green tip
- Talcum powder
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.