Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm (CST)
Class Description: Make two different versions of this sweet little mixed metal (sterling silver and gold-filled) ring, constructed of a clever combination of square wires, and held together with a little bit of easy soldering. You’ll add some neat skills to your inventory, including how to make your own twisted wire, how to solder gold-filled wire, and how to make straight, even wire wraps in a very tight space.
Instructor: Scott Mason and Phyllis Flora
Skill Level: Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): Sterling silver and 14K gold-filled wire and pattern wire, ring sizer, polishing pad (kit includes enough materials to complete both of the rings pictured) Domestic US shipping.**
- Fine point sharpie
- Chain nose pliers
- Sanding sticks
- Electric drill or pin vise (to twist the wire)
- Chasing hammer
- Flush cutters
- Half-round parallel pliers or half-round ring pliers
- Rawhide or nylon mallet
- Bench block
- Sanding sticks
- Mitre Jig
- Jeweler's saw and 3/o or 4/o saw blades
- Cut Lube
- Metal files or sanding sticks
- Steel ring mandrel
- Solder Set-up,
- medium and easy solder.
- Torch (butane micro torch strongly recommended)
- Fireproof surface (Solder board and/or charcoal block)
- Quench bowl
- Solder pick
- Cross-lock tweezers (secure transfer of hot items from solder board to quench bowl)
- Hydrogen peroxide
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.