Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Time: 1:30pm – 4:30pm (CST)
Class Description: Create a dynamic multi-media necklace by combining a simple chain maille weave with copper sheet metal focal pieces treated with alcohol inks.
Instructor: Michelle Brennan
Skill Level: Beginner
Pre-requisite: Students must be comfortable working with jump rings.
Materials Kit (included in price): Copper Jump Rings, Copper Sheet Metal, Copper Lobster Clasp, Template, Instructions Domestic US shipping.**
- 2 Chain nose pliers without teeth
- Metal shear/scissors
- Metal hand file
- Buffing block (optional)
- Steel bench block
- rubber or nylon mallet
- A least 2-3 colours of alcohol inks (Ranger Alcohol Inks recommended)
- Cotton swabs
- Paper towel
- Metal hole punch (to make a hole of at least 1.2mm large).
- Optional: Sealer (Ranger has a sealer for their inks or you can use a Krylon-brand varnish).
- Optional: Texturing hammer(s).
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.