Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm (CST), 1 hour break
Class Description: Adding color to your silver fabrication is not exclusive to enamel. In this project we will create a simple inlay process with crushed stone to add a wave of color.
Instructor: Kieu Pham Gray
Skill Level: Intermediate
Pre-requisite: Must have soldering and metal work experience.
Materials Kit (included in price): Enough material for 1 pendant. Crushed opal, adhesive, SS stock, sanding material and sanding stone. Domestic US shipping.**
- Flush cutters (ultra preferred)
- Flat nose pliers or parallel pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Nylon nose pliers
- Fine tweezers
- Needle files or Metal Student files to include a half round.
- Bench block
- Rawhide mallet
- Steel ring mandrel or hoop mandrel or something with a large curved surface that may be use for shaping and can withstand a mallet.
- Solder pick (optional)
- Flex shaft, polishing compound, muslin wheel
- Solder set up
- Silver solder paste
- Jewelers' saw & 2/o saw blades, cut lube
- Bench pin
- Super grip gloves (optional)
- Sharpie, fine tip
- Dust mask
- Eye protection
- Small bowl with clean water
- Paper towels
- Exacto knife
- Rubber cement
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.