Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm (CST)
Class Description: This simple yet elegant band ring is suitable for both men and women. I will show you how to make several styles of the ring or you can invent your own design. The fired and polished ring will be decorated with a beautiful abalone mosaic which will then be sealed by a layer of resin.
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): 10 grams Art Clay Silver, two pieces of abalone (different colors), small pot of paste, polishing kit, piece of sanding sponge, teflex strip
Kits will be shipped by The Urban Beader. **Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass or steel brush
- Ring mandrel
- Ring sizer
- Scotch tape
- Small condiment cup
- Disposable stirring stick
- Liver of sulfur patina, if desired.
- Any clear-drying glue.
- Fine Tweezers
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.