Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Time: 1:30pm – 4:30pm (CST)
Class Description: Learn to create fun links and tubes using both metal clay techniques and basic fabrication, you’ll also learn to create your own custom toggle clasp. All metal clay will be fired with a torch, no kiln required.
Instructor: Stephanie Chavez
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): Fine silver precious metal clay, copper wire, sterling silver wire. **Domestic US shipping.
- Long oval template (one is provided in material kit if purchased)
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- Roller, non stick work surface, needle tool or awl, Playing cards or depth measuring slats, glazed ceramic tile, xacto knife, water mister, release agent (cool slip, olive oil), drying plate, tweezers, sanding papers.
- Circle cutters (brass tubes, straws or template)
- Low relief textures, or 80 grit sandpaper
- Flush cutters
- Jewelry Pliers - Chain nose pliers, Round nose pliers, Flat nose pliers
- Rawhide or nylon mallet
- Jewelers' saw & 2/o saw blades
- Bench pin
- Metal shears
- Metal files
- Solder Set-up, including hard, medium and easy solder
- Solder pick
- Sandpaper 400grit
- Liver of sulfur or BlackMax (optional)
- Polishing and finishing tools (patina, steel wool, Brass Brush or flex shaft/rotary tools)
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.