Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Time: 1:30pm - 5:30pm (CST)
Class Description: In this unique class you will make a beautiful working clock. Each branch, leaf and berry will be sculpted by you, and the clock will be a pretty and practical addition to your home, or be a wonderful gift for a special friend. You can polish the silver to a high shine, use a liver of sulfur patina or apply dots of color.
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Intermediate
Materials Kit (included in price): 20 g fine silver metal clay, working clock insert with battery, paper template, metal clay paste. Kits will be shipped by The Urban Beader. **Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Fine tweezers
- Brass or steel brush
- Small piece of glass/plexiglass or acrylic.
- Small piece of a drinking straw
- Firing set up
- Optional: Tiny molds as desired, small circle cutters and tubes of various sizes, tiny cutters such as hearts and squares, small fireable cubic zirconia. Liver of sulfur, Vintaj patinas in desired colors.
- Post firing: flex shaft with sanding drum attachment, or a half round steel file
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.