Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm (CST)
Class Description: In this class you will learn to enamel on copper sheet. Through several firings (torch or kiln) you will use laser decals on overglaze to create beautiful designs on enamel. I will teach you how to mix overglaze paints to compliment the design. Students will be able to customize their piece to any desired shape to create a pendant.
Instructor: Ariane Hartman
Skill Level: Intermediate
Materials Kit (included in price): 2 laser decal printouts, overglaze china paint (only blue will be provided for class), White Enamel, sandpaper, a sheet of copper enough to shape a pendant the size 4x4,5mm. Kit will be shipped by The Urban Beader. Domestic US shipping.**
- Flat nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Rawhide or nylon mallet
- Fine Tweezers
- #2 paint brush or smaller with a fine tip.
- 5 pages of any magazine
- Butane torch (no micro torches)
- Enamel set up (Penny brite or vinegar and salt to clean copper, trivet, sifter, holding agent (or Klyr Fire), alundum stone (optional) )
- Magnifying glasses and Ott light as needed
- Paper towels
- A white dish - could be a cup, dish or something you can mix your colour
- Palette knife
- Firing tools (fire tweezers, solder board, tripod with mesh)
- Metal Shears or Jeweler's saw with blades
- Metal Student files
- Bench block
- Lavendar or clove essential oil
- Metal hole punch (1.25mm or 1.5mm hand punch, or drill bit with similar size)
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.