Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm (CST)
Class Description: A trio of silver bangles intertwined together, accented by hammered textures and water casted drops. In this class you will learn how to create three separate bangles linked together to create a continual loop. Then you will add sparkle and dimension with water casting and tube set CZ's. Hammer texturing and bracelet shaping will also be covered.
Students should have some fine silver water cast drops made prior to class.
Instructor: Asia Raine
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Pre-requisite: Easy Peasy Water Casting Short or knowledge of water casting.
Materials Kit (included in price): Fine and sterling silver stock, silver solder, CZ, ss tube settings. Domestic US shipping.**
- Flush cutters (ultra preferred)
- Flat nose pliers or parallel pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Nylon nose pliers
- Fine tweezers
- Needle files or Metal Student files
- Bench block
- Rawhide mallet
- Texture hammers
- Metal shears
- Round Steel bracelet mandrel
- Solder pick (optional)
- Flex shaft, polishing compound, muslin wheel
- Silicone polishing wheel
- Solder set up
- Easy Silver solder
- Jewelers' saw & 2/o saw blades, cut lube
- Bench pin
- Pro polishing pads or steel wool
- Metal bowl filled with ice water to make water cast elements
- Sharpie, fine tip
- Patina (Black Max or Silver Black) optional
- Safety Glasses or Magnifiers
- 3rd hand tweezers
- Paper towels or reusable towel
- Stone setting tools
- Setting burnishers or bass bezel rocker
- curved burnisher
- square bezel pusher
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.