Date: Sunday, April 18, 2021
Time: 9:00am - 12pm (CST)
Class Description: Learn to duplicate the wonderfully organic look of broom casting in fine silver metal clay: no casting necessary!! Each pendant is formed piece by piece, and no two will be alike. Learn how to make a simple and beautiful bail, as well as how to securely mount a fine silver bezel cup before firing to hold your favorite cabochon.
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Beginner
Materials Kit (included in price): 10 grams Art Clay Silver, silver clay paste, one fine silver bezel cup, cabochon. Instructor will contact students directly for color choice. Kits will be shipped by The Urban Beader. **Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price.
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass or steel brush
- Small piece of glass/plexiglass or acrylic. (”snake roller”)
- Small piece of a drinking straw
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship March 30, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
**Domestic US shipping is included in Kit price. Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.