Part 1 - Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022, 9am - 12pm (CDT)
Part 2 - Friday, Oct. 21, 2022, 9am - 12pm (CDT)
Instructor: Sandra Zacharia
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Pre-requisite: Students should know how to saw and file.
Class Description: We will be using fold-forming techniques to create beautiful beads. We will go over different folds, how to form a tight spiral, and how to open your forms to achieve different effects. Made in copper, these beads look great using my fast and simple coloring technique which I will demonstrate. I will also have samples to show you how they are made in sterling silver, 18k gold, sterling silver filled, and 14k gold-filled. We will discuss what to look for when fold-forming various metals.
Materials Kit: Copper sheet, copper wire, prismacolor pencils, choice of green or violet colorway. (Instructor will contact your for color choice.)
Domestic US shipping included. (Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.)
(Materials kit is included in price when "Zoom/Kit combo" or "Kit only" option is selected.)*
- Jewelry Pliers - Chain nose pliers, Round nose pliers, Flat nose pliers,
- Metal files
- Straight burnisher
- Plastic work surface for cleaning
- Steel butter knife
- Brass brush
- Bench block at least 4x4" or anvil (If using a steel block, it should be secured to wood with a C-clamp to a table, or secured to a tree stump.)
- Nylon or rawhide mallet
- Cross peen hammer at least 500gm with edges softened
- Minimat texturing brush, something similar with flex shaft or Dremel, or 100grit sandpaper
- Pencil and ultra fine Sharpie
- Glass bowl of water
- Liver of sulfur
- Spray matte sealer (Krylon, Rustoleum or the like)
- Torch (except Blazer; propane or acetylene preferred, butane ok)
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship Oct. 5, 2022, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
Zoom Recordings will be available for viewing until Nov. 1, 2022. Additional time may be purchased ($12) by selecting the "Extend viewing time" option above.