Date: Friday, Oct. 21, 2022, 1 - 5pm (CDT)
Instructor: Amy Schmidt
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Class Description: Create a delicate but weighty mixed metal bracelet with a handmade clasp. Students will learn how to make a locking C clasp, create links and solder the interlocking jump rings, shape the links to the wrist and make sure links are sized to fit wrists correctly.
Materials Kit: Sterling silver and brass stock, set of wood dowels.
Domestic US shipping included. (Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.)
(Materials kit is included in price when "Zoom/Kit combo" or "Kit only" option is selected.)*
- Jewelry Pliers - Chain nose pliers, Round nose pliers (or bail making pliers), Flat nose pliers
- Flush side cutters
- #2 cut half round hand file
- Jeweler’s saw with any size 2/o - 4/o saw blades
- Bench pin
- Bur Life or Cut lube
- Two pairs of locking tweezers
- Heat tweezers
- Soft tape measure
- Nylon bracelet bending pliers
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Masking tape
- Dremel or flex shaft with assorted bits/burs for polishing
- Bench block
- Solder Set-up, including hard and medium
- Hard charcoal block
- Solder pick
- Chasing hammer or planishing hammer
- Optional tools:
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship Oct. 5, 2022, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
Zoom Recordings will be available for viewing until Nov. 1, 2022. Additional time may be purchased ($12) by selecting the "Extend viewing time" option above.