Date: Saturday, Oct 22, 2022, 1pm - 5pm (CDT)
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Intermediate Project Video
Pre-requisite: Familiarity with metal clay.
Class Description: Learn to make a pendant of your own design with an exotic flair. The” rope “ border around the pendant and on the stone settings requires a bit of practice, but the technique really makes the piece special. Students can choose from gem packs containing stones of various colors, shapes and sizes.
Materials Kit: Fine silver metal clay, metal clay syringe with tip, practice material for rope, choice of gems (instructor will contact you for your selection).
Domestic US shipping included. (Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.)
(Materials kit is included in price when "Zoom/Kit combo" or "Kit only" option is selected.)*
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Needle tool or thin steel burnisher
- Cut off piece of a drinking straw
- Small piece of glass/plexiglass or acrylic
- Optional: Tiny molds as desired, small circle cutters and tubes of various sizes, tiny cutters such as hearts and squares.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass brush
- Liver of sulfur patina
- Firing set up:
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship Oct. 5, 2022, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
Zoom Recordings will be available for viewing until Nov. 1, 2022. Additional time may be purchased ($12) by selecting the "Extend viewing time" option above.