Date: Saturday, Oct 23, 2021, 8:30am - 1:30pm (CST)
Class Description: This miniature haunted house can be worn as a pendant or placed in a special place for display. I'll show you how to make spooky details such as a spider and even a sleeping bat, hanging from a seemingly dilapidated roof for a nap. We will discuss the use of various textures, and learn how to sculpt clever embellishments with a minimum of effort.
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit: Art Clay Silver, Art Clay Silver Syringe, syringe tip, template, paper texture, house armature, embeddable finding.
Domestic US shipping included. (Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.)
(Materials kit is included in price when "Zoom/Kit combo" or "Kit only" option is selected.)*
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Needle files or bead reamers
- Silver clay paste (optional)
- Brass or steel brush
- Liver of sulfur patina, if desired.
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship Oct. 5, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
Zoom Recordings will be available for viewing until Nov. 4, 2021. Additional time may be purchased ($12) by selecting the "Additional viewing time" option above.