Date: Saturday, Oct 23, 2021, 6-9pm (CST)
Class Description: You have made that special piece and no mere commercial chain would set off your work, what do you do? We are artists, of course we create what we need. Learning Viking Knit will open doors to allow your expression in the complete manufacturing of your art. I will teach you different stitches, different materials to use, how to add color and interest to the chain. The way to finish the chain is just as important as the making, so covering end cap options and how to make sure they stay strong.
Instructor: Ruth Greening
Skill Level: Beginner
Materials Kit: No kit available
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Square nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Magnifiers as needed
- 1- ½” x 5” wood dowel
- Pencil or sharpie
- Small V shape file
- Needle tool
- 1ozt. 26g FINE SILVER round dead soft wire (approx. 75 feet) If you prefer to work with color consider ParaWire.com. DON'T GET plastic covered craft wire OR Sterling silver wire for the weave!
- 1 foot 18g or 21g sterling silver round wire
- 3 feet of scrap wire, 26g
- End caps, these should be a closed end with a hole not a loop. Inside measurements of 5mm to 7mm suggested. Check Shipwreck Beads or Rings and Things.
- A toggle, hook and eye or lobster clasp and ring for a closure.