Date: Sunday, Oct 24, 2021, 1:30-5:30pm (CST)
Class Description: Today we will learn techniques for making an ornate and elegant three dimensional pendant. Using textures and shapes of your choice, we will learn a technique to raise the top layer of the pendant to give it dimension and interest. We will learn to set fireable stones of various shapes and sizes, and use tiny molded components as decoration. There is no limit to the design possibilities, and each pendant is unique!
Instructor: Sulie Girardi
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Materials Kit: Art Clay Silver, pot of paste, sanding sponges, pack of assorted fireable CZ , choice of colorway.
Domestic US shipping included. (Please contact instructor directly to arrange for international or expedited shipping.)
(Materials kit is included in price when "Zoom/Kit combo" or "Kit only" option is selected.)*
- Basic Metal clay tool kit
- roller, 10 playing cards, scalpel, tissue blade, fine paintbrush, fluffy paintbrush, sanding sponges and straight salon boards (nail file) of different grits, cup of water, cup of olive oil, piece of Saran wrap/cling film.
- Metal clay syringe with any tip (helpful but not mandatory)
- Assorted cutters or shape templates
- Several different round or oval cookie cutters to act as armatures, approx 1” in diameter
- Small piece of glass or rigid plexi-glass
- Texture mat of choice
- Decorative elements such as: tassel, gemstone or other dangle, sterling silver wire and jump rings
- 2 pair of chainnose pliers for jumprings
- Drying set up, such as a mug warmer, food dehydrator or kitchen oven.
- Brass or steel brush
- Liver of sulfur patina, if desired.
- Firing set up
*Note: Kit only and extra kit options do not include instructions or recording. You must choose either a Zoom or Zoom/Kit combo to receive written instructions. Kits will begin to ship Oct. 5, 2021, unless otherwise arranged with instructor.
Zoom Recordings will be available for viewing until Nov. 4, 2021. Additional time may be purchased ($12) by selecting the "Additional viewing time" option above.